6/01/2010

I brake/break for tea...

Last week, Luke and I went to Chado's Tea Room in Pasadena. They have a great selection of teas and the cranberry orange scones are super tasty. Chado's also sells loads of tea paraphernalia but most of it looks like something you might find in a 90 year old cat lady's cottage. Pink knitted tea cozies and way over the top floral, um, everything. Not really my style at all! We do tea in a more minimalist, streamlined, Jetson's sort of way. Which brings me to my post.... While Chado's had way too much unfortunate granny chic-ness going on, they did have a pretty good selection of Bee House tea goodies. I love this Japanese line of highly functional, no frills teaware. They make everything from creamers, sugar pots, coffee items, iced tea pitchers, and every shape and size of teapot (in loads of colors to boot)!

Here's the small size teapot complete with loose leaf basket.

Image via Tea Total

Pitchers (great shape and flow to these)

Image via Decorology

Coffee Goods

Image via Bluelines

Cream and sugar?

Image via Breadbox

My favorite (after white)!

Image via The Tea Table

Tons of colors

Image via Apartment Therapy

Unfortunately, I don't own a Bee House teapot yet. Although there is something pretty cool sitting on the kitchen counter right now. Behold, the Sorapot! This was one of those things that Luke "had to have" about two years ago and I definitely agree that it's probably one of the coolest teapots around these days. It's made out of 304 stainless steel, borosilicate glass (Pyrex), and food-grade silicone. Check it out!


Image via Homme Star


Image via Pure Modern


Image via Idea 4 Home

I love the packaging. Quite eco-friendly.

Image via Sorapot.com


Image via Sorapot.com

If this instructional pic above didn't quite do it for ya, here's a video!

Sorapot instructions from Joey Roth on Vimeo.


Stay tuned for some more tea related fun (coming soon)!!