8/09/2011

Waiting for Autumn...

I've been day dreaming about autumn a lot lately. It's my favorite season. I love the crispness of the air, the sense of anticipation about the holidays, the food, the clothing, the colors. I've always wanted to run off and spend the season somewhere in Vermont drinking apple cider, riding a bike on country roads, and building a fire every night. We don't get much of an experience here in LA. It goes from hot to sort of chilly...aaaaand that's about it. It's hard to get in the spirit of things when you're surrounded by palm trees and it's 82 degrees on Halloween. Certain seasons are just meant to be experienced in certain places.
Not being one for summer fashions, I can't wait to break out the scarves, boots, and jackets. One of the best moments of autumn? Seeing your breath for the first time. I used to get so excited about that as a kid. It meant change and excitement were on the horizon. Oh, to be a child (jumping in a pile of leaves) again...


Images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6