6/09/2010

Imagination Renovation: Kitchen

While I truly believe that my new place is quite the diamond in the rough, there are still a few things I would LOVE to change if I could. I can't, so I just have to dream. I had an interesting question from a special reader about what my own personal style actually is. It's not the easiest question to answer because, like most people, I like a lot of different elements from across the spectrum. I thought about the area of the apartment I'd most like to overhaul. The kitchen. I'm fine with the layout, windows, appliance functionality, and general cabinet space, but the color scheme is WAY off for me. So, I decided to whip up a kitchen mood board. If this was a magical fantasy world where money is no object and I could blink and have that $4,100 pendant light installed and ride about on my unicorn (his name would be Leopold) eating almond biscotti, then this is what might just happen in my kitchen.

VoilĂ ! Want the source list?? Scroll on down past the eye candy!

My Fantasy Kitchen Mood Board

Here are a few other kitchen delights that I am loving!


Image via Per Ranung


Image via risulinna


Image via FuseInteriors.ie


Image via Joeb Moore + Partners Architects


Image via Coastal Living


Image via Lori Andrews for abchao


Image via Angie Hranowsky Design Studio

Mood Board Source List:
1. Angela Adams Ocean Seaglass Rug
2. Carrera White Marble (countertops)
3. Spagna Vetro Hood
4. Alessi Pescher Extendible trivet
5. Verpan Spiral Double SP2 Modern Chandelier Light by Verner Panton
6. Teal Mirror Subway Tile
7. Sam Francis print
8. Eames Eiffel Chair
9. Saarien Tulip Table (marble topped)