6/19/2011

Pasadena Chalk Festival

Yesterday I fought my way to the Pasadena Chalk Festival. Seriously, it took me almost an hour to turn off of Colorado Blvd. (which was completely closed), get on the detour, enter the parking deck, drive to the roof, wait for someone to leave, park, walk the 4 blocks to the Paseo area where the festival was going down. That should have taken 15 minutes tops. Nightmare. Anyway, I obviously made it! I really like going to this festival because it is so great for photography. Colors, texture, interesting looking people. There's also a really fun antique mall there and I can spend ages looking around at the crazy stuff they sell. I'll show you the little treasure I bought once I get a chance to take a good picture of it. Apparently this festival made it into the Guinness Book of World Records last year for the largest display of chalk art. Here are some of my favorite shots from yesterday.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
All images by Maureen Price